Camping Checklist.

I know, I've been awful, my last post was almost two weeks ago, and I made a promise to myself that I would blog a lot more than that! In all honesty I have been super busy this past couple of weeks, so haven’t had any chance to even read any blogs (seriously, it’s been tough!

But I’m back! So I’ve decided to do a bit of a life update about where I’ve been, and go through a few bits and bobs I have found super useful!

I’ve spent my weeks at Soul Survivor and Momentum , I had the pleasure of doing my gap year with this organisation last year, and most of the people I worked with then all returned for more this year. So it was totally amazing to spend so much time with so many people that I love! Also some pretty damn good burgers from the food vans. Unfortunately it accompanied an awful camping feeling! 

There are a few things I discovered to be my camping essentials whilst away, to make you feel just a little bit better, and rid that horrible ‘camping feeling’ as much as possible.

Batiste Dry Shampoo
Come on, you must have seen this coming the moment you clicked the link to the post! This stuff is just the be all and end all, smells amazing, and makes your hair look like you’ve just jumped out of the shower! Plus, it takes two seconds to spray on and you’re sorted. Can’t rave enough about it, if you’re camping, take about 7 bottles of the stuff, I promise you’ll thank me later.

Hot Water Bottle
Okay, so heating the kettle up before bed or trying to find a tap that provides hot water is a nightmare, but it’s so worth it! Especially when it gets down to 5 degrees at night, in August (No, I don’t understand either, it’s not fair). It’s just essential really so you don’t wake up in the middle of the night unable to feel any of your limbs as you are that cold.

When camping my skin goes HORRENDOUS, I don’t know what it is but it just hates being outside all the time or something! So keeping my skin happy is a priority when away. Instead of taking the Garnier cleansing water (AKA holy grail), I decided to push the boat out and try a different one. (I actually got this one in France when I was away). I’m not convinced it’s as good, but it’s still hydrating and lovely all the same. Especially when camping, it just makes you feel that little bit better about yourself before you go to bed and wake up! 

New Look Red Tartan Check Scarf
This may not apply to everyone, but where I was camping it was freezing cold, I swear I was in 4 layers at one point, I even had to wear tights under my jeans at one point – it’s August for goodness sake! As there was a new look just down the road, I went on a bit of an emergency warm clothes run, and picked up this beauty of a scarf. It’s got two patterns on it but they fit so well together, It’s the cosiest thing I’ve ever owned, plus if you wish you can even use it as a blanket to put over your knees it’s that big!





I hope this little post can give you some helpful tips for you if you're off camping! I hope that it's nowhere near as cold as it was for me! 


Abz x 

No comments:

Post a Comment