A week of goodness.

So, if any of you read my blog a  few weeks ago I said I was going to try and do weekly posts on little things that make me happy during the week. I haven't done too well with this, as you can probably tell! And I've completely forgotten to do one each week. 

Monday
Friends
Last Monday I was still at the camp I talked about in my last post, and spending time with wonderful, wonderful people. Every evening I was there involved drinking cheap wine out of plastic champagne glasses and making toasts to being together again. Honestly, I couldn't think of anything better. 



Tuesday
Safety
Well, this is a strange one but bare with me! We traveled back from Somerset late on Monday evening, and at about 1:30am on Tuesday morning a lovely big lorry driver hit us! Today I was just thankful for friends to share the experience with, (we actually managed to make a fun time out of it, see below for a very bad quality 'Recovery Truck Selfie). And I'm also very thankful that we were all safe - definitely had some bigger power pushing the car in the right way. Another benefit, watching the sunrise, I'm never awake in time to witness this. 




Wednesday 
Long baths and bed. 
Oh what a luxury a warm bath is! No more queuing for a cold shower in the morning, and getting all my clothes damp in an attempt to have the quickest shower possible. A long soak in a lovely bath whilst watching gossip girl was just what I needed! 



Thursday 
A Big wardrobe clear out! 
For some strange reason I decided to this after a long day back at work, whilst I was absolutely shattered, but man it felt so good to look at my almost empty wardrobe afterwards, which now means I have an excuse to buy more things for winter! 

Friday 
Friday Feeling
Friday I was just happy that it was Friday, nothing quite beats the Friday feeling does it? 

Saturday
Illness perks. 
Came down with that wretched summer cold on Saturday, which at first I hated because I'd planned to do a lot that day, so instead sat in bed feeling sorry for myself watching gossip girl and having my dads amazing chorizo soup. I decided that being ill was actually what was best for me as I forced myself to lie down and relax for a day, which in hind sight is just what I needed before a very busy week at work! 



Sunday 
Fresh Food and Family 
By Fresh food, I mean Sunday roast, even though I was only away for about 10 days, my parents cooking and Sunday lunch always goes down a treat. Plus it's the only opportunity in the week we get to actually sit down as a family as we're almost always all out and about! Thank goodness for Sundays! 


No comments:

Post a Comment