All things French

So last Saturday I returned from a lovely 5 day trip to France with my family. It was basically 5 days of doing nothing, which was utter bliss! I’ve put a few photos below of some of my favourite places and moments from the few days I was there. I must mention now though, my favourite thing about the whole week had to be the food and wine, I swear nobody does food like the French! (Maybe the Italians, but I haven’t had the pleasure of visiting there yet!)
St Gilles Croix de ville – a beautiful little town just 5 minutes from where we were staying, ice cream and chi chi shops everywhere (if you’ve never had chichi, it’s basically doughnut sticks, they are amazing!). At this time of year they also have a lovely little night market running, which I wish I got more photos of as the ones I got were rubbish! But they sell lots of lovely little things, with live French music and all the restaurants open and buzzing about, I love it! You really get the whole ‘French Feel’ when you’re there.
I spent a lot of time sitting by the pool doing nothing but reading, which was amazing, and I managed to finish the fault in our stars after about day 2, with the odd jump in the pool to hide the fact I was pretty much sobbing towards the end. Now I’ve read it I’m going to take myself to see the film, well, once I’ve recovered myself from reading the book. Of course, we had to have a beach day, so we visited this beautiful beach, where I felt like we were in Greece or something. The water was beautifully clear to swim in, and I had a lovely time searching for shells and starfish with my mum. We didn’t manage to find any shells, but we DID find starfish – how exciting! With a little bit of paddling done too, we had a lovely time. I could spend my life on the beach, I love the feeling of sand between my toes and sea water splashing my legs. Definitely my happy place.
We had a thunderstorm on the muggiest day out there, so really there was no choice but to dance around outside in my bikini bottoms and a t shirt!
And now, after writing this and my family have just walked in after being there for two weeks looing all tanned and happy, I would quite like to be back right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment